Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Heart Faces Photo Challenge | Friendship

My baby girl has always adored her big brother. He was the first one to make her giggle, and the first one to make her belly laugh. In fact, for at least a month or two, we couldn't ever get her to do it, but he always could. He is the first one she looks for when she wakes up in the morning, and the one she misses at bedtime. With her, he can do no wrong. When he does anything silly or funny or sweet (or sometimes anything at all), she literally sighs, "Oh Bubby!" That is what she calls him, although I have NO idea why. We have always called him Alex or brother. Weird. But cute.

Even though she temporarily annoys him, he adores her too. It started when he found out that we were having a baby. He had been praying for a sibling. He asked me all the time if she was "done yet". He was so excited to meet her at the hospital. Those are some of my favorite pictures of our family. He is looking shyly at her with a cute little grin on his face. You could tell he loved her already. Then, while I was taking her newborn pictures, he couldn't resist sneaking up onto the bed and snuggling with her. It has been that way every since. With that much love, you can imagine why she thinks he hung the moon. These two literally are best friends and I count my blessings every single day for it. He is 9 and she will be 2 in December, so I never saw it coming. I knew he would help with her, but I never thought they would be so close. I pray that it remains like this for their entire lives.

<3 Sarah

1 comment:

  1. aw, how sweet! she is lucky to have such a great big brother

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments- thanks for sharing! :D

Follow by Email